Monday, October 31, 2011

The Little Dragonette In Michigan

At first I was a little frightened about a dragon coming to my home....even a baby dragonette was a little scary.  But when Little Baby Maraneth arrived, I was no longer afraid.  She was such a sweet, kind, cute little thing; we became fast friends.  She was a little upset because she couldn't find her hatching egg, so I told her I would make her one.  I got out the balloons and glue and paper....paper towels and pretty tissue paper.

After I got it altogether it didn't want to dry quickly...sooooo...I had to make a baking oven with a heating vent and a cardboard box....it worked great!

While the egg was drying I made her a cute little flannel and lace hatching jacket, diaper, and matching blanket. I also gave her tiny white socks with pink ribbons and a tiny pearl to keep her little tootsies warm.   She loved to cuddle up in her new clothes.  Then we found out that her tiny wings were drying and growing......look at them now.




Oh, she said she wanted to be a blue eyed baby so I gave her some pretty little blue eyes....look at her blue eyes and sweet smile...such a happy baby dragonette!


By this time her lovely egg was all dry and when it cracked and broke open, I added a large pink organiza ribbon and turned it into a Egg Cradle. 



It has four parts: the top of the egg with the pink bow, the bottom of the egg, the gold platform inside the egg that holds the baby dragon and the red stand that keeps the egg steady.



She loved it and hopped right into it.




If I can get this little sweetheart out of her egg and back into the box; I will give her a hug and a kiss and send her to her Auntie Cynthia today.  Safe trip little one!

Be watching for her Auntie Cynthia :)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love it!!! Soooo cute!! I think that is the happiest little dragon I've ever seen! Great job!...Audrey/Kicks 'n' Giggles Nursery

    ReplyDelete