Friday, September 16, 2011

A Little Teddy Bear Is Born

I decided to try making a little Teddy Bear and that is just what I did.  I started out with a mixture of Fimo and Sculpey brown clay colors.  I looked on the Internet for some cute pictures of teddy bears and picked a few to get ideas from.  I used a gold Sculpey clay to accent the paws and ears.  I had forgotten how quickly Sculpey clay gets soft and is kind of difficult to work with.  I used black glass beads for eyes and the nose.  Here are some pictures.






I felt the eyes were a little too small, so I put in bigger black glass beads.  I think that looks better.






Here she/he is with bigger eyes and a little hair.



Chubby little legs and arms with paw pads.















 I also made a body that I filled with two tiny balloons (filled with steel shot) and some cotton batting.

                                                                                                               
                                                     Isn't she/he the sweetest little handful.





Start looking for this Little One, Auntie Cynthia, she/he will be on the way to you very soon....I will post this little one a little early since it is a long way from Michigan to Canada.  Keep watching for her.







I decided to make two changes in this sweet little baby girl Teddy Bear.....yes, I know now that she is a baby girl.  One is that I will flock her to give her slight brown fur.
.First you have to put glue where you want the fur...then you blow the brown flocking on with a mustard or ketchup squeeze bottle. You have to let it dry over night and then use an empty squeeze bottle to blow off the loose flocking.



   My oldest daughter, Kelly, said she thought she needed and embroidered red heart on her chest.  I actually thought of stamping a red heart there but decided to let Kelly embroidery one for me.  Now she really is done and ready to start on her journey

5 comments: